Monday, May 19, 2008

Halfway there: roll the dice!

69 Days to go

Yesterday I ran a second lap around Lake Scranton. Not a fantastic time: 1:14:00, but it is a 10:17 minute mile, and I felt amazing when I finished. My knees started "acting up" a little bit. I say 'acting up' because I don't want to say 'hurt'. It was not pain, but I was well aware that I was feeling some pressure down there. Luckily, it was at the 6.5 mile mark, so I only had a little over 1/2 mile to go. Thru the day yesterday, the feeling went away, so I'm not too worried about it.

I would say that it is the fastest I ran 7.2 miles. Again, not a great time, but advancement is good.

The shape I was in at the end of the run made me instantly think of running in NYC this July. Really, I would only have to run 6 more miles to finish the half, and that does not seem too bad at all. I hate to say it, cause I know it will be a challenge, but it seems like it will be easy.

It also made me think of running another marathon! I'll have to think about where to do it though. Steamtown is a no-brainer and easy to get to (October 12th). But you know what keeps popping into my head? Atlantic City! The 50th Atlantic City marathon is the following week (October 19th). I think it would be cool. Maybe an overnighter on the 18th. I hear you finish on the boardwalk which would be awesome.

Of course it costs money to stay in AC. We'll see what happens!!

I am still raising money for autism. I just passed the 10% mark, but I need your help!!
Please visit www.firstgiving.com/timmclain to help!!!

Thanks!

-Tim

Run, RUn, RUN!!!

No comments: